Category: 3-D Modeling
10 Tips for Making Poser Clothes
…Or 10 Things I wish I knew before wasting many hours doing the wrong things modeling Poser Clothes!
- Back-up Everything you create.
- There is an easy way to make MAT Poses.
- Remove IK (Inverse Kinematics) Chains from your clothes.
- Use Morph Manager.
- The Hierarchy Editor is your friend.
- Don’t fear the Set-Up Room.
- Joint Parameters are important.
- Make your model at actual size.
- UV maps will save you time.
- Learn to use Python.
Follow these tips and you will save yourself a great deal of time. Below is a more detailed breakdown of what each of these things mean.
Mighty Morphin’ Mac
When I first started creating my own 3-D Models, I found the most popular online resources — Morph Manager, UV Mapper Pro, and Cr2Editor — are all PC-Only. With patience and perseverance I discovered some alternatives to these programs that work on the Mac!
Right now, a 3D Model can be designed on computer and then turned into a physical sculpture using so-called “3D Printers”. This technology is far too expensive for large-scale applications. With improvements however, I foresee that a plan drawn on computer could be “printed” without the use of construction workers. More jobs lost.