Daz Studio 4: The Missing Manual
Category : 3-D Modeling
Update 09/03/2011- Preliminary written documentation for Daz Studio 4 is available here: http://wiki.daz3d.com/doku.php/
Daz Studio Pro 4 has some really cool features. Unfortunately, written documentation is sparse. Daz has created video tutorials that will help users with this program but paradoxically they did not share this anywhere prominent on their website. Here is list of important YouTube tutorials:
- DAZ Studio 4.0 – Welcome and Overview – The new layout.
- DAZ Studio 4.0 – Surfaces – Surface selection tool can be used to modify colours, shininess (specularity), bumpiness, and textures in a figure.
- DAZ Studio 4.0 – My Stuff Files (Renamed Smart Content) – How to access the new Smart Content.
- DAZ Studio 4.0 – My Stuff Products (Renamed “Smart Content”) – How to access Products you have purchased.
- DAZ Studio 4.0 – Content Library Basics – How to find content and tag it for searching.
- DAZ Studio 4.0 – Posing – How to apply poses.
- DAZ Studio 4.0 – Light Presets – Basic lights included with the program.
- DAZ Studio 4.0 – Light Editor – Create your own lights.
- DAZ Studio 4.0 – Camera Presets – Basic camera views included with the program.
- DAZ Studio 4.0 – Camera Editor – Create your own camera views.
- DAZ Studio 4.0 – Render Settings – How to render.
- DAZ Studio 4.0 – Render Library – A list of your previous renders.
- DAZ Studio 4.0 – Parameters – Property manipulation.
- DAZ Studio 4 Mesh Smoothing Modifier – Fix poke-through automatically.
- DAZ Studio 4 – Smoothing and Collision Detection Genesis and Gen 4 – More detailed fixes for poke-through.
Rigging and Content Creation
- Rigging Modification Intro Pt 1 Joint Editor – Manual Re-rigging for Daz Studio.
- Rigging Modification Intro Pt 2 Poly Group Editor – Continues Manual re-rigging.
- Rigging Modification Intro Pt 3 Weight Maps Brush – Continues Manual re-rigging. Also covers what a weight map is compared to a poly group (they are not the same).
- DAZStudio 4 – Auto Rig Feature – Resize and move any limb when you morph a figure then re-rig it using the Auto-Rig feature. Poser can’t do this (yet).
- DAZ Studio 4 Transfer Utility – Create your own clothes for Genesis automatically using the Transfer Utility. Also learn how to quickly create morphs for the different Genesis shapes.
Improve Dynamic Morphs for Clothes
- How to make a morph for Genesis.
- How to use GoZ.
- How to use Texture Atlas.
- How to use the 3D Bridge.
- Where are the old tools (Morph Loader Pro, Joint Editor, Parameter Editor etc.).